The History/Meeting room can comfortably seat 6 and is available to be used as a study space for no charge during normal library hours. Alternatively it is able to be booked for exclusive use for a maximum 1 hour booking during normal library opening hours at $30 per hour.
The Digital Learning Centre is available for use within normal library opening hours at the following rates:
- $60 ½ day (4 hour block either morning 9.30am -1.30pm or afternoon 1.30pm - 5.30pm)
- $100 full day (8 hour block 9.30am - 5.30pm)
- The room is situated at the back of the Westland District Library and is accessed via a separate entrance through the Toy Library. There is plenty of parking in the area, on street and DOC parking overflow area behind Seddon House.
- The room can seat a maximum of 25. There is a toilet (accessed from the Toy Library), a heat pump and blinds for climate control.
- The room is equipped with 6 flip tables that can be configured to suit the user or folded away if not required and 25 stackable chairs.
- There is a 70” TV screen that can be used for presentations via HDMI cable or by Chromecast and a large white-board.
- Basic videoconferencing facilities are available.
- 10 Chrome books or iPads are available on request and the room has numerous electrical sockets with USB charging ports around the room.